- Co-author of Fearless Women Visions of a New World (2012)
- Co-author of The Power of Transformation: Reinventing Your Life (2014)
- Woman Power: Strategies for Female Leadership (releases Dec. 2014)
Ms. Mertes is a Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) from our United States Air Force and a lifetime member of the Military Officer's Association of America. With more than 20 years serving in military intelligence and comptroller areas, Ms. Mertes shares leadership tips and life lessons applicable for the sole entrepreneur through the corporate CEO. During her service at Misawa Air Base in Japan, Ms. Mertes was the only female Squadron Commander of 18 Commanders, leading her squadron to an "Outstanding" rating during the Headquarters Pacific Air Forces Unit Compliance Inspection. Hers was the only squadron to earn the "Outstanding" rating, an honor that has been accomplished by only 4 of 216 comptroller Pacific Air Forces squadrons since 1970. Ms. Mertes received the Major T H Baca Award for her contributions to women in the military. She has a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Boston University, a MBA and a second master of science in cost estimating and analysis from the prestigious Air Force Institute of Technology. Certifications: Certified Women's Leadership Coach (Apr, 2014) and Certified Women's Issues Consultant (Jan, 2014)
In addition to sharing the Fulfill Your Destiny story, Karen also speaks about:
- 'The Art of Leadership' – Views from the Female Military Commander's Corner Office*
- 'INSPIRE yourself and others' – Acronym explained during speeches with leadership tips appropriate for the sole entrepreneur through the corporate CEO*
- 'Time Management explained' – Since we can't get more time, we can learn how to make our time count in more ways to more people
- 'Command Your Destiny' – Navigating life's potholes to live the life you've always envisioned*
- 'Get 'Unstuck'' – Learn the secret to overcoming any fears you may have on your path to living the life of your dreams
- 'What's Next' – Learn specific tools on how to identify your personal core values so you'll know
1) how to best utilize your time in achieving your goals and
2) recognize when you've succeeded and are thriving in living the life you've imagined. What do you do next? Ask yourself these two questions: What does winning look like to me? I know I will have been successful when (fill in your answer here)?
- 'Triumph through Tragedy' – Insights from a Traumatic Brain Injury survivor
- *Attendees at presentations receive a complimentary take-away of 35 Leadership and Life Tips that are easy to implement for immediate, positive results
Karen R. Mertes is the Founder and President of Fulfill Your Destiny, Inc. As a professional motivational speaker, Ms. Mertes has shared 'The Art of Leadership - Views from the Female Military Commander's Corner Office' with thousands of people across the United States. Audience members learn how to Triumph through Tragedy, Command their Destiny when they INSPIRE themselves and others to live the life they're always envisioned. Professional Spotlight: - Ms. Mertes appeared on the nationally syndicated show 'Daytime', - Featured guest on The Inspiration Station with Pete O'Shea, - Featured guest on Senior Voice Radio's 'Health, Wealth and Wisdom', - Featured guest on Unity FM's 'From Good to Amazing', - Featured guest on Conscious Lifestyles Radio, - Bay News 9 featured Ms. Mertes on its 'Everyday Heroes' segment. Honors include: - 2013 WEDU Be More Finalist in the Be More Entrepreneurial category, - 2012 Outstanding Woman of the Year by Tampa Bay Business and Professional Women, - 2012 'Most Valuable Chic' by the Charity Chics, - 2012 Fearless Woman Award, - 2012 Tampa Bay Lightning Community Hero, - 2011 e-Women Network Chapter Honors Award, - 2011 Inaugural Breakfast of Champions Honoree by the Centre Club's Executive Women's Council Professional Organizations: Professional Woman's Speakers Bureau, Professional Woman's Authors Institute, National Speakers Association, Military Officers Association of America.